Friday, April 12, 2013

"My fragrance is on.... and they Love my smell...

Wow! that statement alone. I just haaaad to make it the title on my latest blog post. I splashed on 'confidence' this morning( as a matter of fact make that err morning). Since the earlier days when my mother was slathering me in Vaseline/saliva to get the look she approved of before I left her eyesight(mom's prerogative) I know it bites...a$$! Don't get me wrong though, she taught me to do my due diligence when It comes to finding the perfect concoction of 'smell good' to go along with my confidence. But confidence is what my mama gave me before #game,#swag or izzle became the words to use in its place. All things being fair and equal we know different . In elementary school we all had a friend that had to shave just to look like a student! Parents complained and wanted his birthday verified(sorry #Lebron).....
Sigh. Such is life. Some things happen for some of us earlier than others. Confidence, my friend is one of those things you eventually grow into. Some grow into theirs slightly quicker than others.(see prior analogy with Lebron at an early age #strongface). Never get it twisted, cockiness will have someone "put them paws on you" with the quickness! The special elixir I mix into my everyday has always been the same. I dunno...My 'Ole girl' hasn't steered me wrong intentionally up to this point. My pops was 1st. on the scene to make sure I never lowered my eyes, crouched or bent my back when I spoke. "Crack  Your back" stand up straight and be accountable. My mom told me to own that space you occupy. She gave me confidence. So I'm sorry I can't turn it off/on...why?.. So  I was moved to write this blog when I heard #Rihanna sing it. I have to say today as with everyday I'm happy to say "My fragrance is on....and they Love my smell... thanks ma!!!MM

No comments:

Post a Comment